Why add emu oil/benefits of emu oil?
Emu oil adds an extra boost of moisturization to Simple Sugars products and is recommended for anyone with sensitive skin, very dry skin, or a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis.
- Emu oil is incredibly moisturizing, but rapidly absorbs, leaving your skin super hydrated without any greasy feeling.
- Due to its smaller particles, Emu oil penetrates deeper into your skin and carries other ingredients with it. This means that not only are you getting a deeper more long lasting moisturization from the emu oil
- Emu oil has a very similar chemical composition to the sebum (aka oil) naturally produced by our bodies so it is completely non-irritating.
- It has anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and healing properties making it an excellent choice for anyone suffering from a skin condition like eczema or psoriasis, and also has purported benefits for burns and scarring.
- Additionally, emu oil has been studied to have benefits for all of the following conditions when applied topically: rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, acne scarring, arthritis, sun damage, shingles, hyperpigmentation, age spots, scarring, burns, and skin damage associated with radiation treatments for cancer
- Research also shows that applying emu oil boosts collagen production and reduces the appearance of wrinkles
- It does not change the scent of the products, so your Simple Sugars product will smell just as amazing with the emu oil added as it does without it.
Where does it come from?
- Emu oil is an animal product, and is derived from the back fat of the emu bird.
- The birds are not killed for their oil - emus are raised for their meat, and the oil is a byproduct. We use only the finest, highest quality, refined emu oil, and it is produced in the US and AEA (American Emu Association) certified
- Simple Sugars products with emu oil are not vegan, but the products with emu oil added are the ONLY products in the Simple Sugars line that contain any animal ingredients.