Six great reasons to get your scrub with emu oil!
First of all, full disclosure, if you are vegan or do not believe in using animal products you are not going to like this. We fully respect your views and that is why we offer our scrubs both with and without the emu oil.
However, we have a mission to create the best products possible for sensitive skin sufferers and to ignore emu oil for this group of people would be irresponsible in our humble opinion.
So here are some very compelling reasons to add emu oil to your body or facial scrub:
1) Emu oil is non-comedogenic (like all of our oils) and will not clog your pores.
2) Emu oil penetrates deeply into the skin so it provides superior moisturization but will not leave you feeling oily or greasy.
3) Emu oil has potent anti-inflammatory properties which means it helps relieve redness and itchiness.
4) Emu oil has the allergenic potential of water and is very close in composition to the natural oil our skin produces, so it is nearly impossble to have a reaction to it.
5) Emu oil contains:
• Vitamin A, a known skin repairer and antioxidant
• Linoleic acid, which helps to ease muscle aches and joint pain
• Oleic acid, a proven skin cell regenerator and anti-wrinkle agent
• Sapogens, proven skin softeners
• Terpines, known antiseptics
6) Emu oil protects against sun damage and has been shown in studies to actually stimulate new cell growth.
Honestly we could go on and on. If you can get past the fact that this remarkable oil comes from the back fat of a bird, you are in for some serious skin benefits! We definitely recommend adding the emu oil to your scrub if you have eczema, psoriasis or any other troublesome skin condition. We also recommend adding it to your facial scrub because if even half of the information about how it prevents wrinkles and stimulates new cell growth is correct, then why not?